PHASE 1 – ARENA: A MULTI-USE FACILITY
The phase 1 – ARENA will have ice for part of the year and a dry floor for the remainder,
the proposed facility will improve health and wellness through a variety of recreational and educational activities.
During ice season, a portable floor can be installed to accommodate many of the dry floor uses.
Here are examples of possible activities, programs, events:
DRY FLOOR SEASON
ARENA SUGGESTED FLOOR PLAN
The phase 1 – ARENA will feature:
• Standard NHL-sized rink
• Ice and dry floor seasons
• Change rooms suitable for families and teams
• Referee change room and first aid room
• Welcoming, warm lobby area with:
• Skate rentals
• Small concession
• Administrative offices
• Reception area
PHASE 2 – POOL:
SUGGESTED FLOOR PLAN
A RECREATIONAL FACILITY & WHY?
WHY AN ARENA FIRST?
ARENA IMPACT on my TAXES
BENEFITS OF RECREATION
The benefits of recreation and wellness to each individual and to communities have been well researched and documented.
Real benefits achieved through individual and community participation in leisure include:
- Recreation and active living are essential to personal health;
- Recreation is key to balanced human development
- Recreation reduces self destructive and anti-social behaviour;
- Recreation and parks are essential to quality of life;
- Recreation and related facilities build strong families and healthy communities;
- Recreation reduces health care and social services costs; and,
- Recreation and related facilities can be significant economic generators.