The project consists of a multi-phased development of a recreation facility located on the traditional territory of the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations along Airport road adjacent to the Long Beach Unit of the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
A unique partnership between five First Nations, the Alberni Clayoquot Regional District, the District of Tofino, the District of Ucluelet and the West Coast Multiplex Society has been created to bring the project to reality.
The initial phase of the project will feature a full-size ice surface. Facilities would be provided with change rooms suitable for team use and bleachers. There will also be a family change area and a skate rental facility. The building will be designed and built to allow for the addition of a future swimming pool and potential additional amenities. In addition, there will be a reception area which would include a main entry, administrative offices and a small food service facility.
It should be noted that the use of the building is not confined to winter sports. Major community events, concerts, celebrations will be accommodated in addition to non-ice indoor sports.
Following the completion of additional geotechnical studies in 2016 the ACRD confirmed that the location for the proposed Multiplex facility would be on ACRD property at the Long Beach Airport. Access near the golf course may in turn broaden the range of activities that families can engage in at a nearby location at the same time. It is also in close proximity to the Long Beach section of the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
Email us to get involved firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phase One Design Costing Report (2017)
- Phase One Business Plan (2016)
- West Coast Multiplex Confirmation of Location (2016)
- Referendum Question (2012)
- Informational Open House Dates (2012)
- Overview & Information Sheet for the West Coast Multiplex Project (2012)
- Preliminary Site Services Costs (2012)
- Phase 1 Design & Construction Budget (2012)
- ACRD Bylaw 1055: Local Service Area Estimate (2012)
- Cost Review of Gold River & Port McNeill Facilities (2012)
- West Coast Multiplex Survey (2011)
- Preliminary Design & Construction Estimate (2010)
- Memorandum of Understanding (2009)
- Recreation Excellence Final Report (2008)
- West Coast Recreation Centre Feasibility Study (2007)